Our Utilities Division are looking to recruit a Plant Maintenance Technician, based out of our Perth Depot. You will be responsible for all maintenance and repair of all plant and equipment owned by Scottish Woodlands for use within the forestry, rail and utilities sectors. Applicants with previous rail plant or forestry plant experience would be ideally suited for this role.
- Organise and control workshop operations
- Maintenance and repair of company plant, machinery and tools
- Carry out yard and store stock checks, maintain company asset management system
- Establish maintenance regime and record keeping, to include development of improved facilities, including shot-blasting, spray painting etc
- After training, to inspect and maintain rail plant
- Flexible approach to working hours/ role will involve nightshifts
Experience and Qualifications
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have previous experience in a similar role working in the utility/ forestry or rail sector with a minimum NVQ level 2 in a plant maintenance discipline or similar. You will be self-motivated, with excellent organisational and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to carry out maintenance unaided on large plant. You should demonstrate a willingness to undertake further industry specific training to meet the needs of the business. As a large part of our role involves forestry/rail operations out with normal working hours, driving to remote locations, it is essential that you hold a Full Drivers licence.
Due to the nature of this job you will be expected to attend regular medical examinations, including drug and alcohol screening.
If you consider yourself to be a self-motivator with exceptional attention to detail, decisive and have the drive to grow within your role then we want to hear from you!
Applications should be made in writing (stating current salary), along with CV. Please email: email@example.com