We are looking for a confident and experienced full-time HR Advisor to join our busy HR team reporting directly to the HR Manager. The HR Advisor will provide a professional HR service to all staff and managers across Scottish Woodlands Ltd, advising on all matters associated with the employee lifecycle and will support the HR Manager in delivering a first-class HR service which promotes a high-performing culture in line with company objectives and behaviours.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Provision of timely advice on all employee relations matters to achieve business focussed solutions, ensuring a visible presence in regional offices and liaising with HR Manager on any complex matters.
- Fully participating in disciplinary/grievance/absence management meetings and appeals as well as co-ordination of all invite and outcome letters
- Supporting the HR Manager with redundancy management in line with current legislation and best practice
- Supporting the HR Manager on start to end recruitment process by providing a professional, comprehensive service including participating in recruitment interviews and the management of all recruitment paperwork.
- Co-ordination and administration of external and internal training programmes including the participation in delivery of HR training sessions to develop Managers in effective people related matters. Management of training records
- Co-ordination and roll-out of the Scottish Woodlands Ltd Annual Appraisal Process.
- Administer Benefit in Kind schemes, such as Childcare Voucher Scheme/TFC, Cycle to work, Group Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, EAP, Life Assurance schemes and Fleet Management
- Produce accurate and up to date monthly management information/KPI’s on workforce management.
- Work with staff and management where necessary when occupation health services are required.
- Maintain the company’s electronic HR system and paper personnel files.
- Ensure all payroll data is electronically forwarded to the Management Accountant and provide back-up for payroll processing when required.
- Other ad-hoc HR administration as required.
- Participate in HR projects as directed by the HR Manager.
- Deputise for the HR Manager when required.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter that is confident in their ability, a forward thinking and a robust communicator who can get the job done. The ideal candidate will be CIPD qualified or equivalent or working towards it, with experience of working within a fast-paced environment with proven HR generalist experience in a similar capacity. Candidates will be IT literate (proficient in MS Word and Excel) and have experience of using PeopleHR or other HR software packages. Candidates will have excellent organisational skills and will be able to organise and prioritise a heavy administrative workload. The successful candidate will own high levels of interpersonal skills and will have the ability to build and develop strong working relationships. Candidates must also be able to work to tight deadlines and be able to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail. Applicants must hold a current valid driving licence.
Scottish Woodlands offers an attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. This includes, pension, life assurance, private healthcare and the opportunity for equity participation. The company has a unique structure and is 80% owned by staff.
Candidates should submit their CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 25 June 2018.