Are you a talented individual with drive, enthusiasm and ambition, with a passion for the outdoors and ready to grow a sustainable career? If so, we are excited to hear from you for our 2022 Graduate Development Programme.
The UK government has committed to a target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050, resulting in an increasing interest in both existing forestry and new woodland creation. Scottish Woodlands Ltd is well placed to take advantage of developing opportunities and challenges the industry faces. These are exciting opportunities to join our progressive teams to service both existing clients and our expanding business and to play a key role in shaping the future of forestry in the UK. We want you to be part of our future.
We work in a fast paced, commercial and challenging environment and we are currently looking to recruit recent Graduates to train, mentor and develop and to become an integral part our succession management plan. For 2022, we have graduate openings in both our Forestry and Harvesting divisions of the business.
During the two-year graduate development Programme, you may be given the opportunity to move around the company and spend time in some different yet fantastic locations. Therefore successful candidates should be flexible in terms of working location. You will be assigned a mentor and provided with full training over the two-year programme, tailored to suit your requirements.
What you will be doing:
- New woodland creation projects;
- Restocking projects;
- Forest grant applications;
- Timber harvesting operations;
- Frontline supervision of contractors;
- Managing client relationships;
- Field visits and surveys;
- Financial planning and analysis;
- Forest planning;
What we look for:
- Minimum 2.2 Bachelors degree in a Forestry related discipline, or other relevant degree (Geography, Environmental, etc will be considered
- Excellent communication & organisational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively within a fast paced team;
- Commercial awareness
- ICF membership, preferred and supported;
- A Full UK Drivers Licence is essential due to the nature of the role and amount of driving to various sites involved.
What will you get in return for your hard work and commitment?
- Highly attractive and competitive graduate salary with incremental rises;
- Company Pension Scheme;
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance;
- Private Healthcare;
- Company Vehicle;
- Opportunity for Equity Participation through the unique company share scheme;
- Excellent personal and career development opportunities.
Applications can be made online through our Applicant Tracking System.
Please click HERE to apply. Please note as part of the application process, you will be required to upload a Cover Letter and CV, as well as any relevant qualification certificates.
Successful applicants will be contacted to participate in our phase two selection process which will consist of video interviews.