Are you a talented individual with drive, enthusiasm and ambition, with a passion for the outdoors and ready to grow a sustainable career? if so, we are recruiting for a GIS / IT manager to work within our Utilities Department.
Forestry is a growing industry and Scottish Woodlands Ltd is well placed to take advantage of developing opportunities and challenges the industry faces. We want you to be part of our future.
We work in a fast paced, commercial and challenging environment and we are currently seeking a Forest Utilities GIS & IT Manager or Assistant to become an integral part our Utilities management team.
Purpose of the Job
- To operate under the direction of a senior manager/line manager and to assist and carry out the below but not limited to activities:
- Supervise Utilities Contracts;
- Carry out digital mapping surveys;
- Compare and present compartment data documentation with consideration given to landscaping and ecology constraints;
- Carry out site visits and propose routes with engineers, revising plans where necessary;
- Compile Landowner details and prepare maps of routes, noting landowner boundaries;
- Prepare site planning and operational maps and basic site set up and supervision;
- Prepare project plans and reports;
- Complete on site assessments and compile reports upon findings;
- Assist the IT department in future development of mobile technology;
- Develop technological business improvements working with managers and staff;
- Present modifications of mobile technology that benefits client reporting;
- Assist in the expansion of the business stream;
- Manage own contracts for the client;
- Obtain regulatory approval for works;
- Prepare draft budgets.
You will be supported in your role by a direct manager but work consistently with other parts of the business to fulfil the goals of the Utilities department, working with close engagement with our main clients Network Rail, SSEN and SPEN.
To be successful, you will have passion and enthusiasm for Forestry and be willing to face a multitude of challenges found within a working environment in a forward thinking and progressive company. You must be competent in the use of IT specifically Microsoft Office Packages e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience using GIS software is essential as well as a knowledge of IT and mobile technology.
You should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills and work well as part of a diverse team.
Qualifications within a Forestry / GIS / IT related discipline are preferred however other related disciplines may be considered. As part of this role will entail driving to remote areas where public transport cannot access, it is essential that you hold a full UK drivers licence.
Scottish Woodlands has three main offices within the Utilities Department based at – Perth, Muir of Ord and Gleneagles (Stirling). Successful candidates will be matched to locations where level of experience and qualifications meets the requirements and line management structure of each location.
As part of the employment Terms and Conditions you may be expected to undergo a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening.
In return for your hard work and commitment to Scottish Woodlands, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package. This includes pension scheme, life assurance, permanent health insurance, private healthcare, company vehicle and the opportunity for equity participation. The company has a unique structure and is 80% owned by staff. Applicants will also be given excellent personal and career development opportunities and will be part of a highly professional and motivated team.
To apply for this role click the apply link below. If you have any question relating to this role, please email HR@Scottishwoodlands.co.uk