The UK government has committed to a target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050, resulting in an increasing interest in both existing forestry and new woodland creation. Due to our growing work programmes, Scottish Woodlands is seeking to engage enthusiastic professionals across a number of key positions within organisation. These are exciting opportunities to join our progressive teams to service both existing clients and our expanding business and to play a key role in shaping the future of forestry in the UK. These positions are located in our Fort William Office, North Scotland.
Forestry experience and qualifications are advantageous but not a pre-requisite. Relevant training can be provided across a range of topics for the right candidate. These positions may suit someone with an environmental, geography, agricultural or rural surveying background who wishes to enter the forestry sector. We are looking for people with professional acumen who are commercially aware and have a sound understanding of the rural sector. Excellent communication and organisation skills are required, together with the ability to identify, analyse and solve problems. Experience of working with contractors, project management and health & safety are all highly desirable.
The role offers an excellent balance of practical outdoors work with office-based duties and will involve: -
- Surveying and strategic planning of new and established woodlands
- Site monitoring and supervision, including management of contractors, for a variety of work tasks including fencing, ground preparation, tree planting, vegetation management and timber harvesting.
- Compliance with Health & Safety regulations and other legislation relevant to forestry operations
- Preparation, negotiation and submission of Forest Plans and Grant Applications and other related permissions
- Identifying and developing new woodland creation projects from concept design through to establishment
- Use of GIS mapping systems
- Developing and managing budgets
- Producing client reports and attending client meetings.
Applicants must hold a full, valid driving licence which is essential for the role. Professional membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or progressing towards attaining chartered status or another similar professional body is advantageous.
Scottish Woodlands offers an attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. This includes pension scheme, life assurance, private health care, company vehicle and the opportunity for equity participation through a subsidised share purchase scheme. The company has a unique structure and is 80% owned by staff. Applicants will also be given excellent personal and career development opportunities and will be part of a highly professional and motivated team. For more information on working with Scottish Woodlands or for details of the information gathered during our recruitment process, please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on the careers section of our Webpage.
If you want to be part of one of the UK’s leading Forestry Companies, leading development within the sector where you can grow your career in this thriving industry, then we want to hear from you
Click HERE to apply for this role.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact HR@scottishwoodlands.co.uk.