Are you a talented individual with drive, enthusiasm and ambition, with a passion for the outdoors and ready to grow a sustainable career? if so, we are recruiting for a Environmental manager / Environmental Clerk of Works (ECOW) to work within our Utilities Department.
Forestry is a growing industry and Scottish Woodlands Ltd is well placed to take advantage of developing opportunities and challenges the industry faces. We want you to be part of our future.
We work in a fast paced, commercial and challenging environment and we are currently looking for an Environmental Manager / ECOW to become an integral part our Utilities management team.
Purpose of the Job
To operate under the direction of a senior manager/line manager to assist in the below, (but not limited to) activities:
- Supervision of Utilities Contracts on Powerlines and Railway Infrastructure to ensure environmental compliance is achieved on site;
- Management of division procedures and relevant legislation to ensure environmental compliance to relevant national guidance;
- Prepare Forestry Environmental Management Plans to client satisfaction, including pollution prevention plans and waste control plans;
- Site visit projects to audit and ensure compliance is delivered on-site and conduct audits;
- Compile guidance to teams and clients of best practise and recommendations for improvement;
- Prepare site planning and operational maps and basic site set up and pre start briefs;
- Prepare project plans and reports;
- Complete on site assessments and compile reports upon findings;
- Assist division managers on submission of project documentation;
- Complete CAR submissions relating to water course management on forestry sites;
- Complete species protection plans and license submission;
- Assist expansion of the business stream;
- Manage contracts for the client;
- Obtain Regulatory approval for works;
- Prepare draft budgets.
You will be supported in your role by your direct manager but work consistently with other parts of the business to fulfil the goals of the Utilities department, working with close engagement with our main clients Network Rail, SSEN and SPEN.
To be successful, you will have passion and enthusiasm for Forestry and the Scottish environment and be willing to face a multitude of challenges found within a working environment in a forward thinking and progressive company. You must be competent in the use of IT specifically Microsoft Office Packages e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook. You should have previous experience using GIS software and have relevant experience or working in an environmental role.
You should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills and work well as part of a diverse team.
Qualifications within a Forestry / Environmental related discipline are preferred however other related disciplines may be considered. As part of this role will entail driving to remote areas where public transport cannot access, it is essential that you hold a full UK drivers licence.
The Utilities division has three main offices within the based in - Perth, Muir of Ord and Gleneagles (Stirling). Successful candidates will be matched to locations where level of experience and qualifications meets the requirements and line management structure of each location.
As part of the employment Terms and Conditions you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening.
In return for your hard work and commitment to Scottish Woodlands, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package. This includes pension scheme, life assurance, permanent health insurance, private healthcare, company vehicle and the opportunity for equity participation. The company has a unique structure and is 80% owned by staff. Applicants will also be given excellent personal and career development opportunities and will be part of a highly professional and motivated team.
To apply for this role, please follow the apply link below. If you have any questions related to this role, please email HR@Scottishwoodlands.co.uk