We are currently looking to recruit a Contracts Supervisor in the North of Scotland, based out of our Muir of Ord Utilities depot.
Purpose of the Job
You will be responsible for all forestry works within the business and for contracts consisting of works adjacent to powerlines and on the railway but can include a variety of other minor contracts for clients out with the focus of the core business.
Your key tasks will include but not limited to:
- Providing support to the Contracts Manager;
- Providing support and supervision in the delivery of contracts for SSEN and Network Rail;
- Supervision of on-site work squads conducting vegetation removal and conducting fencing operations;
- Attendance of various courses to allow delivery of the Utilities Division contracts;
- To ensure all works are consistently compliant with Industry Standards Health & Safety Legislation;
- To liaise with third party landowners and other clients;
- To administer and allocate necessary resources to facilitate all works.
This is a busy and demanding role where you must have proven experience of working within the forestry sector and understanding of utility sector operations. You should be able to demonstrate your forestry knowledge and experience and be familiar with the Highland region of Scotland. To be successful in this role you will be flexible in your approach to work, be a self-motivator with the ability to work as part of a team or individually. Since this role involves liaising with clients and dealing with a varied workload, you should be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, organisation and prioritisation skills.
This role will involve many site visits which are not accessible by public transport and therefore it is essential that you hold a current full Drivers Licence. Attendance of regular medical examinations including drug and alcohol screening will also be an essential element of this role.
Applicants will be selected on their experience and knowledge of the industry as well as relevant qualifications & certification however training will be provided by the employer.
Scottish Woodlands offers an attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. This includes pension scheme, life assurance and the opportunity for equity participation. For more information on working with Scottish Woodlands and to view our job applicant's privacy notice, please explore our website.
Applications should be made in writing, along with a copy of your C.V. to: HR@scottishwoodlands.co.uk