Location: Edinburgh, EH12 9DB
Scottish Woodlands Ltd is a leading forestry management company with a long tradition of serving forest owners and investors in Scotland and the rest of the UK. We provide a comprehensive range of forest, estate and land-related services underpinned by our in-depth market experience, knowledge base and commitment to quality. The business is largely employee owned, and this encourages a dedication and commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and customer focus. Our aim is to understand each client’s specific objectives and then to provide a service which is both flexible and personal.
We are currently looking to recruit a full-time Contract Manager to assist the Head of Division in both maintenance and implementation of contracts work based at our Roddinglaw office in Edinburgh.
Purpose of the Job
Working with colleagues, you will be responsible for assisting the Head of Division with the maintenance and implementation of all contract works and your key tasks will include but not limited to:
- Effectively manage and supervise trades staff and contract labour - day-to-day planning, allocation of work, monitoring performance and quality of work and for ordering and arranging a timely delivery of plant and materials.
- Manage the specification of work including the determination of job content, labour and material requirements for both maintenance and subcontract works.
- Manage allocated budgets taking account of relevant priorities. To authorise expenditure in accordance with agreed limits and Estates Services.
- Carry out and effective assessment of priority of responsive maintenance work, together with regular reporting on maintenance issues.
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are observed in both direct labour and external contractors.
- Assist in the preparation and upkeep of all maintenance records, statutory reports and other data relating to property condition.
- Investigate maintenance problems and defects and to initiate and prioritise remedial work.
- Work with our Customer Care team to ensure issues are resolved quickly and satisfactorily.
- Assist in the operation and development of the maintenance management software systems and to ensure that information feedback is accurate, complete and delivered within agreed timescales.
- Liaise with relevant colleagues providing good communication on maintenance matters and to ensure that they are appropriately informed and advised of maintenance and minor improvement works.
- Develop work with both new and existing clients, increasing the value of the Landscaping Portfolio.
- Meet clients, including Site Managers, to discuss proposed work programmes and ensure they are safely and successfully carried out, liaising with statutory bodies/consultees/architects as required.
- Develop contractor base, using both contractors who are currently engaged by Scottish Woodlands Ltd and assessing the quality of new contractors.
- Responsible for regular production of invoices relating to own works and ensuring invoices are paid timeously.
This is a busy and demanding role where you must have proven experience of working within Facilities Management. New build development is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided. To be successful in this role you will be a self-motivator with a professional and confident approach to your work. You should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel and Outlook and have demonstrable communication and organisational skills.
Scottish Woodlands offers an attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. This includes pension scheme, life assurance and the opportunity for equity participation. For more information on working with Scottish Woodlands, please visit the careers section of our website www.scottishwoodlands.co.uk.
Applications should be made in writing, along with a copy of your C.V. to: HR@scottishwoodlands.co.uk.
We are an equal opportunities employer