As part of our continued growth in Argyll, West Scotland, a vacancy has arisen for a suitably qualified Branch Manager to lead our progressive team to service both our existing client base and expanding business. We service this area from our Lochgilphead office.
The role involves all aspects of woodland establishment, restructuring and management from planning through to harvesting. The position includes the requirement to prepare and manage budgets, report writing, grant scheme applications, cost control, planning of operations and site supervision.
To be successful in this role you must be a self-motivated individual who is capable of working on your own and as part of an expanding professional team. You should have demonstrable operational experience in a similar senior management role, with excellent communication, leadership and organisational skills.
Person Specification – Essential Criteria
- Demonstrable experience in both timber harvesting and forest management activities.
- Demonstrable experience of client and customer relations
- Engaging with a wide range of company stakeholders e.g. landowners, contractors and relevant government bodies.
- Demonstrable experience in the preparation of operational budgets and sales plans
- Demonstrable experience in all aspects of Business Development, identifying new markets and developing existing ones.
- Demonstrable experience of new woodland creations, site planning and managing own operations.
- Managing Health and Safety on site including the preparation of risk assessments.
- Sound understanding of the Scottish Forestry Grant Scheme as well as an understanding of health and safety standards and legislation.
- Previous Line Management experience, leading a team of both experienced employees and graduates.
- Previous experience of carrying out staff appraisals, setting targets and monitoring the achievement of said targets.
- Minimum 2.1 BSc in Forestry degree or other relevant degree, those without a degree may also be considered provided a high level of experience is demonstrated.
Applicant should be a Chartered member of the Institute of Foresters or working toward Chartered member status. It is essential you hold a current Full Drivers Licence.
In return, Scottish Woodlands offers an attractive salary (salary range £32,000 - £36,000) and benefits package commensurate with experience. This includes, pension, life assurance, private healthcare, company vehicle and the opportunity for equity participation. The company has a unique structure and is 80% owned by staff.
Applications should be made in writing (Cover letter and CV) and emailed to: email@example.com