Scottish Woodlands Utilities Division is an established contractor in the industry and our work comprises vegetation and fencing contracts and a wide variety of minor civils works. Scottish Woodlands maintains the vegetation within proximity of the SPEN Overhead Powerline Network.
To expand our current team, we are looking to recruit an Assistant Tree Surveyor on a Fixed Term basis to join our existing SPEN vegetation management team to cover the Borders, Central, Lothian & Fife areas of Scotland.
Home based and travelling to client locations, your main duties will include:
- Carrying out Tree Survey work.
- Updating the client tree IT system.
- Undertaking periodic site inspections to ensure compliance to procedures.
- Monitoring tree cutting operatives performance in relation to output, quality and time keeping and escalate where there are areas of concerns.
- Ensuring compliance with ISO systems
- Attending site meetings with the clients, landowners and Tree Cutting Operatives.
- Assisting with daily record keeping, provisions of information to the client and servicing faults by re-directing operatives.
To be successful in this role, you must be self-motivated, show initiative and be capable of working as part of our expanding professional team. Ideally, you should have previous experience working in a similar industry either as an operative or Arborist, however training can be provided to the right candidate. A degree, HND or equivalent qualification in Forestry or other related subject is preferred but not essential provided you have demonstrable knowledge and experience.
All applicants will be required to undergo an employment medical examination including a drugs and alcohol screening. It also essential that applicants hold a full driver’s licence.
Scottish Woodlands offers an attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. This includes a competitive salary, use of a company vehicle, pension scheme and employee assistance programme. Applicants will also be given excellent training opportunities and will be part of a highly professional and motivated team. For more information on working with Scottish Woodlands or for details of information gathered during our recruitment process, please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on the careers section of our Webpage.
To apply for this role, please click HERE. As part of the application process, you must also download and complete the Utilities Application form, available from the application system.
If you have any questions related to this role, please email HR@scottishwoodlands.co.uk